Welcome to our World!


Grenades&Granola is all about our crazy, busy, joyful, blessed life! Babe and I wouldn't have it any other way...As we anxiously await the birth of our first son, Gideon Andrew, we can't help but marvel at all the blessings in our life.

After only 5 short years, Babe and I have gone from complete strangers to dating, engagement, deployment, elopement, a subsequent wedding, job changes, city changes and now parents!!! Whew! Is your head spinning?

Gideon is our little miracle - we prayed for him long before he was conceived and are now so excited to meet him.


Sunday, December 12, 2010

Catching Up


Quality Time with Daddy

Hangin' with Nana
Wow! Time flies....It has been almost three weeks since I was able to post last and so much as has happened. Babe is back to work and Gideon and I miss him so much. Gideon seems to know when Daddy is coming home and wakes up to play. It is so precious - he gets so excited, waving his hands and talking and kicking! He definitely plays with Daddy differently than Mama! I'm still recuperating from the delivery and haven't been out of the house except to go see my midwives. Gideon is now 24 inches and weighs over 11 pounds! What a little milk monster!! My mom has been here with us this past week - LOVE it!!! What precious time to spend with her and Gideon. And G loves his Nana ;o)

It's so hard to believe that it's almost Christmas. I am so out of it this year! We had the first "snow" of the season 2 days ago. It was only a dusting, but was enough to put me in the holiday spirit! I finally got Babe to get the decorations out of the garage yesterday and I put a few things up in the house. Absurd how quickly that wore me out! We were hoping to get our tree today, but it was raining, so it will have to wait I guess. Seems weird that the last time I was really out in "the swing of things" it wasn't even Thanksgiving and now Christmas is less than two weeks away! Luckily, I will be doing all my shopping online through our business, since I haven't/can't get out!

Gideon has learned how to smile and does so all the time now! He is such a happy baby. He is also holding his head up and will push himself up and look around when I put him on his tummy. Amazing how quickly he is growing and changing. Our kitties are slowly adjusting to having a baby in the house - we've only had two "angry" moments. Gideon seemed to notice them for the first time the other day. He was waving his hands and touched Gracie's tail. He wasn't really sure if he liked that texture! He does seem to be a physical touch baby (from the 5 Love Languages book). He is constantly stroking things and that seems to calm him down too. He loves to pat me while he is eating - precious!!
All dressed to see Tierney!








No comments:

Post a Comment