Welcome to our World!


Grenades&Granola is all about our crazy, busy, joyful, blessed life! Babe and I wouldn't have it any other way...As we anxiously await the birth of our first son, Gideon Andrew, we can't help but marvel at all the blessings in our life.

After only 5 short years, Babe and I have gone from complete strangers to dating, engagement, deployment, elopement, a subsequent wedding, job changes, city changes and now parents!!! Whew! Is your head spinning?

Gideon is our little miracle - we prayed for him long before he was conceived and are now so excited to meet him.


Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I love Christmas, but this year (obviously) was so special! Ironically it was also the most low-key and relaxed Christmas that we've had in...well, ever I think. I was in no condition to travel still, so the Millward Trio stayed in Winchester. It looked like we were going to have a White Christmas, but all of the snow stayed to the south and east of us. Not that it really mattered that much to me, as I haven't been out of the house but about 6 times since Gideon was born. Mama and Trent spent a long weekend with us, which was awesome! Good cooking and good conversation. Trent brought the Wii, so he and Babe were totally preoccupied with that, leaving Mama and me to chat and coo over Gideon.



Gideon continues to grow like a weed - I haven't weighed him since his 3 week check up, but I know he is quite the little butterball! He is smiling all the time now and tries very hard to laugh, but hasn't exactly gotten the hang of that yet. He did learn how to cough one morning while he was eating and now thinks that is the funniest trick ever and will make himself cough and then smile and coo. What a ham! He is super talkative and loves to have conversation with anyone that will make eye contact with him. He is sleeping for longer periods of time at night, anywhere from 4.5-5.5 hours!! In fact, he gave me a wonderful Christmas gift of 7 hours of straight sleep Christmas Eve night!!!! Of course, that hasn't happened since, but oh well!

I've had many visitors lately, and Gideon has tons of playmates that have come around to meet him. It's crazy how many of my friends have babies all so close in age with Gideon! And most of them boys too.

I am seeing a physical therapist and chiropractor to help with my recovery. Everyone seems pleased with how well I am healing, although I am impatient! Nevertheless, it has only been 6 weeks since Gideon was born and considering everything that I went through, I have to admit I am progressing well. It's the smallest of victories that I am proud of, although I will be so happy when I carry get around by myself and carry Gideon without help! Not that he seems to mind ;o) Babe has been a huge help - cooking, grocery shopping, bathing Gideon, etc, etc...What a great guy <3


No comments:

Post a Comment