Welcome to our World!


Grenades&Granola is all about our crazy, busy, joyful, blessed life! Babe and I wouldn't have it any other way...As we anxiously await the birth of our first son, Gideon Andrew, we can't help but marvel at all the blessings in our life.

After only 5 short years, Babe and I have gone from complete strangers to dating, engagement, deployment, elopement, a subsequent wedding, job changes, city changes and now parents!!! Whew! Is your head spinning?

Gideon is our little miracle - we prayed for him long before he was conceived and are now so excited to meet him.


Wednesday, March 28, 2012

To Whom Much Is Given

Ever had a thought just run through your head over and over and over?? Well I have. I usually I find that it is the Lord trying to get my attention and He usually has to be a little persistent for me to sit up and fully understand what He is saying.

Luke 12:48b, "...From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more."

I think that I have always read this verse and heard the adage, "to whom much is given..." and just assumed it didn't apply to me. WOW! How small minded of me. As if God is any respecter of persons. As if someone's bank account determines their worth. As if social status actually matters.

"To whom much is given" - Well let's just see what I've been given. I've been given eyesight (not good, but correctable with contacts!) to see the beauty of this world and the faces of loved ones. I've been given hearing - to hear the laughter of my son, my husband tell me he loves me, and all the sounds of this world. I've been given two arms and two legs so that I may carry the load that God has given me and run the race set before me. I've been given health, that even though I've had some rough spots, God has brought me through them all and given me a deeper appreciation for those in pain and in need of healing. I've been given love - a deep, stubborn love for my husband that has already weathered so many storms in the few years we've been together and is growing stronger daily; a ferocious love for my son; a love for true friends that knows no words, and can only be measured by the heart, shared only by experience and mutual admiration; and a love for family, both the one that I have and the one I am creating. I've been given laughter and beautiful people to share it with. I've been given passion - while not everyone will agree with me all the time, I am passionate in my pursuits and beliefs and I don't apologize for this. I've been given faith and God is stretching me daily. OUCH!! I've been given pain, disappointment and broken dreams. All opportunities to learn a lesson, become more tenderhearted, more grace-giving, more forgiving, and less judgmental. I've been given false friends to show me how much I appreciate the true gems. I've been given second chances so that I can give second chances. I could go on and on about all the blessings in my life, but these are the ones that came to mind first :)

"...much is required" - I have come to the conclusion (for myself) that this is where God wants me to grow. He requires me to be loving, giving, forgiving,full of grace, mercy-filled, bold, passionate, steadfast, committed, earnest, devoted, humble, encouraging and kind. We are the light of the world. We are the city on the hill. This is the "much" that is required of us. Not to be perfect, but to be purposeful. To be intentional. To do our best, to leave people better than they were before we came.

"and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more." - I am honored that God has entrusted all of these things to me! And I vow (to try at least!) to answer the call with a smile when He calls me and asks more of me.

I mean, is a smile or a kind word (even in the midst of my own storm) too much to ask? God doesn't think so and my goal is to give them freely and cheerfully, knowing that as I give what I have, I will be blessed with even more! As we prove ourselves with "little", we are granted authority of more.

Thank you Lord, for all you've entrusted to me. I'm ready to answer the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment