Welcome to our World!


Grenades&Granola is all about our crazy, busy, joyful, blessed life! Babe and I wouldn't have it any other way...As we anxiously await the birth of our first son, Gideon Andrew, we can't help but marvel at all the blessings in our life.

After only 5 short years, Babe and I have gone from complete strangers to dating, engagement, deployment, elopement, a subsequent wedding, job changes, city changes and now parents!!! Whew! Is your head spinning?

Gideon is our little miracle - we prayed for him long before he was conceived and are now so excited to meet him.


Saturday, April 2, 2011

I did what?!?

Is it seriously April 2nd??? Where does the time go...

Well, before I jump into catching up on life in the Millward household, here's a funny story from last night that basically sums up my life these days:

Babe had the day off, so it was a Daddy and Gideon day. While Gideon was fully dressed and matching today (quite a feat for Babe!), he had managed to get spit up and poop on his onesie and Babe left him in it all day because he'd "wiped most of it off". *eye roll* (mine not Babe's). So as soon as I got my hands on G, I changed him, nursed and off to town the 3 of us go. We ran some errands together and before you know it, it's almost 8 and we are all starving and I'm too tired to fix supper, so Rancho for some quesadillas it is! Because I am so famished, and I know G will want to eat as soon as I get food, I decide to nurse him before we go into the restaurant. Only he's more interested in EVERYTHING else going on around him. Oh well, into Rancho we go - hopefully I will get to eat while my food is still remotely warm :o)

Praise be to the Lord, G is content to sit in his seat and play with a toy while I scarf down my food. With one bite to go, he is done sitting and is ready to be held...so into my arms he comes and instant happiness! He plays happily at the table while Babe finishes his meal and then we head home. G falls asleep in the car, so I jump in the tub to take a bath when we get home because sore doesn't even begin to describe how I feel at the end of the day. When he wakes up, he and Babe dance around the house, waiting for Gideon's turn in the tub. Meanwhile, I had fallen asleep in the tub! Holy moly, I need a nap!

Out I come and in goes Gideon. Then we nurse and he falls asleep (me too - almost). I go to put him down and he wakes up! He is teething and is a little congested so getting him to sleep these past few days has been more challenging. So tired I can't even function, I take G to Babe and announce that I am going to bed. Now the next thing I remember is waking up this morning (I mean I vaguely remember waking several times during the night to nurse too) to Babe's alarm - which never seems to wake him oddly enough! Babe falls back asleep but G rouses and we nurse again (picking up on a pattern?? LOL). The next thing I know it's 8:30. Thank you Gideon for letting me sleep in! So we get up and begin our day...I call Babe to say hey and I ask him "what time did you and Gideon come to bad last night?" To which he replies "I didn't bring Gideon to bed. Don't you remember getting up and taking him from me? He was fussy and it woke you up. You took him from me and starting nursing him, STANDING up in the living room!!" Wow, nope I don't recall that at all...hahahahaha

And to wrap it all up, the only reason I have a few minutes to play catch up is because I just nursed him to sleep! I would not change a thing though :o) I love my little milk man <3

No comments:

Post a Comment